POSTED BY admin | Sep, 08, 2017 |
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 small to medium size potatoes
- 8-10 curry leaves/kadi patta (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tsp jeera
- ½ to 1 tsp lemon juice or as required (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- rock salt as required
- Soak sabudana overnight or for 3-5 hours. Next day drain the sabudana very well and keep aside in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes.. when warm peel and chop them.
- In mixer, mix the salt and drained sabudana.
- Take a pan, heat oil. Stir the jeera first till they crackle and get browned.
- Now add the curry leaves and green chilies. Stir for half a minute and then add the grated ginger.
- Stir till the raw smell of the ginger goes away. Now add potato and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sabudana. Keep on stirring the mixture. When the sabudana becomes tranparent they are cooked.
- Don’t over cook as they might become lumpy and hard.
- Lastly garnish sabudana khichdi with coriander leaves and drizzle with some lemon juice.
- Serve sabudana khichdi hot.